The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that the Northeastern Extension (I-476) will be closed northbound for four consecutive nights between the Keyser Avenue Interchange, Exit 122, and the Clarks Summit Interchange, Exit 131, Lackawanna County.
The closure is necessary for the protection of motorists and workers so crews can safely conduct roadwork during these times:11 p.m. on Sept. 10 to 7 a.m. Sept. 11 11 p.m. on Sept. 11 to 7 a.m. on Sept. 12 11 p.m. on Sept. 12 to 7 a.m. on Sept. 13 11 p.m. pm Sept. 13 to 7 a.m. on Sept. 14
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted interchanges to assist drivers and provide detour information. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours.
Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
The PA Turnpike is in the process of decommissioning and removing all call boxes from the roadway due to a significant decline in use over recent years. Modern means like smart phones, make it safer for our motorists to communicate incidents safely from inside their vehicle.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, stay in your car and dial *11 on your mobile phone.
To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
· Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414(weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com