Dunmore – The following work is scheduled for this week throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. Anyone wishing to sign up for PennDOT Travel Advisories can do so by emailing James May at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow PennDOT on Twitter at 511PANortheast and Like us on Facebook at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
Please note all work depends on weather conditions.
Short Term Projects
SR 6-Median-Lackawanna-Exit 4- Exit 7-Mowing-6/12/2017-6/16/2017-7 a.m.to 3 p.m.
SR 348-Mt. Cobb Rd.-Jefferson Twp. -Single lane-Shoulder Cutting - Mowing-Wednesday 06/14/2017-Friday 06/16/2017-7 a.m.to 2 p.m.
SR 590-Madison/Jefferson Twps.-Single lane-Shoulder Cutting - Mowing-Monday 06/12/2017-Wednesday 06/14/2017-7 a.m.to 2 p.m.
SR 1004-Greenfield Road-Carbondale/Scott Twp.-Single-Shoulder Back-up-12-Jun-17-16-Jun-17-7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
SR 1015-Worth Church Road-Greenfield Twp.-Single- District Paving Crew-12-Jun-17-16-Jun-17-7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
SR 3020-Linden St.-City of Scranton-Single lane out bound-Bridge Deck and Joint Repairs-Monday 06/12/2017-Friday 06/16/2017-7 a.m.to 2 p.m.
Long Term Projects
· The locations of the bridges to be replaced are as follows:
Spring 2017 – Southbound:
Two bridges at Exit 202 (Fleetville/Tompkinsville)
Bridge at Exit 201 (East Benton)
Bridge at Exit 199 (Scott)
· SR 347 (O’Neill Highway/Blakely Street) Dunmore Signal Project Work is progressing as crews are continuing to pour concrete sidewalks near the Subway entrance. They are also erecting traffic signal foundations at Rite Aid. In roughly three weeks, crews will be starting work at the Dunmore Corners section. Please be aware of alerts sent out by PennDOT for updates on traffic patterns as traffic will be down to one lane in this area. Crews have already installed new sidewalks along SR 347 and have removed the median between Keystone Industrial Park and I-81. The entire project is scheduled to be completed by May 2017.
· On SR 4032 in South Abington Twp. (Lackawanna County) there will be work on Section 250 of state highway. The project being situated as follows: From a point approximately 493 linear feet (0.09 miles) west of SR 0011 at Segment 0070 Offset 2911 (Station 177+15) to a point approximately 897 linear feet (0.17 miles) west of SR 0011 at Segment 0070 Offset 2507 (Station 173+11), along SR 4032.This project will replace the existing slab on the bridge under the concrete arch associated with the DL&W Railroad with a new slab. This project is located on SR 4032 Shady Lane Road in South Abington Township over Summit Lake Creek under the railroad arch. MPT during construction will be a detour. Other work includes bituminous paving, line painting and guiderail work (is there a more simple way to write this project?)
· SR 438 Lackawanna County, Scott Twp. will be closed from June 8 to November for bridge replacement over Elm Brooke Creek. The road will be closed from I-81 towards SR 247. A detour will be in place.
· SR 6/11, Clarks Summit to Clinton, will be down to single lane traffic in both directions. Traffic will travel on the southbound side while crews reconstruct the northbound lanes. Estimated completion is November 2017. On November 15, traffic will be switched to normal traffic patterns – two lanes eastbound and two lanes westbound. In the spring, crews will be working near Dalton, westbound, and all traffic will be single lane in the eastbound lanes. After that is done, final pave will take place at night. Starting May 15 through the middle of June from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., crews will begin paving from Clarks Summit to Dalton, and Dalton to the Wyoming County Line.
· Dunmore Signal Project is scheduled to be completed by June 2017, barring any subgrade issues for the base repair work that is taking place right now from Warren St to Friendly’s. The work is currently taking place from Green Ridge Street to Jessup Ave, Dunmore. Work is taking place during the day and evening hours. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes until the end of June. (wording is confusing, where is work taking place?)
· Work on the bridge located in the 800 block of S. Main St. in Taylor over the PA turnpike will begin the week of January 16. Two 11 ft. lanes in both directions will be open during construction. Bridge work should be completed by November 2017.
· SR 6011(Harrison Avenue), Scranton - As part of the ongoing project to replace the Harrison Avenue Bridge, the Central Scranton Expressway is a single lane pattern in each direction. This project is expected to be completed in 2018.
· Work is taking place on SR 1012, at the intersection of Kennedy Drive and County Road, Archibald Borough. The project will consist of the realignment of Kennedy Drive at Main Street to form a four-way intersection with the opposite Borough street. A new traffic signal will be installed at this intersection. Kennedy Drive will be widened to accommodate a center turn lane from Main Street to Monica Drive. An additional left turn lane may be added on Main for left turns onto Kennedy Drive. Other work included with the project are drainage improvements, utility relocation for the signal, and driveway access control through the installation of concrete curbing. The project completion date is December 2017.
· Construction work on the Edella Road bridge over I-81 in South Abington Township progresses as crews will form center pier stem. Over the weekend, drive production pile; form abutment 2 leveling pads. There are no nighttime detours or lane-shifts that will impact traffic on I-81 until mid-June.